Last updated: June 2019
Protecting user’s personal information is our priority. To protect the same, we have rules and guidelines in place.
What Information does we collect
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, date of birth, government issued identification, photographs, company name, and password when you use our Site.
- We may also collect other Personal Data provided by third party identity verification services or via social networking websites.
- Certain services, such as two-step authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when seeking support services, such as email, information submitted via online form, other contact information, or other information provided to support services staff.
- We may collect other data, including but not limited to, referral URLs, your location, blockchain analytics information related to blockchain addresses you provide.
If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you're
using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site
you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of device you are using, or the version of the
operating system your computer or device is running.
How does BtcEX use your information
Your Personal information may be used to for the following:
- identify you and perform identity verification through a service provider;
- identify, prevent, and report potentially suspicious, fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as account activity, transaction processing, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- notify you about important changes to our Terms
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by BtcEX.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that BtcEX shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
What are cookies
- Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: